Most radio stations showcase a band of the month. Some artists have song of the day or songs for the week recommendations. I’m not sure that I’ll ever be that ambitious or routine, but today I’d like to talk about the band known as Stars.
I was listening to their incredible 2007 album In Our Bedroom After The War while driving on the highway the other night and a few thoughts went through my mind:
- This is my favourite Stars album. I hadn’t listened to it for a while so it immediately felt like I was connecting with an old friend. Newer releases always bump the older ones out of the CD wallet in my car but I wish I had never taken this one out.
- This is an excellent CD to listen to while driving! With a wide variety of beats and melodies you can listen to it loud or soft, whether you’re alone with the stereo cranked up or listening to it in the background while having a conversation.
- My favourite song on the album is the second track The Night Starts Here. It’s a beautiful male/female duet that starts out light and dreamy but ends in an epic bass driven alt-pop orchestra – I love it!
- I enjoy whistling along to most of the songs on this album when I’m alone. I didn’t really realize I was doing this at first, it just felt natural.
- I think this would be a fun album to sing along to… especially the duets.
- This album is upbeat enough to keep you awake yet smooth and calming enough to prevent road rage and traffic frustrations from making my drive unpleasant.
In conclusion, this album is wonderful and it deserves more attention, go listen to it right now!